Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Saturday, March 10, 2007
Friday, March 9, 2007
Thursday, March 8, 2007
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
Monday, March 5, 2007
Sunday, March 4, 2007
Well the honeymoon is over! Sophia was up all night fussy and crying. While little sleep was attained, the benefit of seeing her up, looking around, and taking in the world for a while was well worth the sleepless night. Kerdi and I are taking turns during the night so we each get some sleep and it is working well. Both Mom and Dad are asleep now and I am keeping an eye on Sophia while she sleeps. She is so beautiful (even when she cries)!
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Friday, March 2, 2007
Mom is sound asleep and so is Sophia. Dad is up keeping watch and just making sure all is good until the midnight check. The last 2 days have been a whirl of amazement. Just a few highlights:
- Catching Sophia at her birth.
- Supporting Kerstin through her contractions, especially when she was hanging on me.
- The first view of Sophia's very hairy head.
- Midnight diaper change while half awake.
- Sophia sleeping in my arms the first night so mommy could get some rest.
- Family support from food, to calls, to hugs, to love.
- Swaddling, swaddling, and more swaddling.
- Seeing the strength, courage, fear, and trust in a woman giving birth and letting the journey occur.