Friday, March 2, 2007

Sleep!!!!!

Mom is sound asleep and so is Sophia. Dad is up keeping watch and just making sure all is good until the midnight check. The last 2 days have been a whirl of amazement. Just a few highlights:

  • Catching Sophia at her birth.
  • Supporting Kerstin through her contractions, especially when she was hanging on me.
  • The first view of Sophia's very hairy head.
  • Midnight diaper change while half awake.
  • Sophia sleeping in my arms the first night so mommy could get some rest.
  • Family support from food, to calls, to hugs, to love.
  • Swaddling, swaddling, and more swaddling.
  • Seeing the strength, courage, fear, and trust in a woman giving birth and letting the journey occur.
There are a million more experiences, but these are some of the key ones I thought I would share tonight.

Papa Justin

3 comments:

grandmutti said...

Your grandmother also is unable to sleep and pondering the events of last two days. So many memories and impressions rushing through my mind. Key highlights, the partnership and love that I witnessed between your parents throughout the journey, the joy on your father's face and stability of his support (even those his feet are 3 feet off the ground). The never ending courage of your mother as she fought against all odds and through all fears. The ability of your parents to love and trust each other and you, to make the journey (letting go of their need for control) knowing that all would happen as intended and so it did! What amazing individuals you all have shown yourselves to be, and as a family WOW!!!!!

Thom Rock said...

Your Grandpa is almost at a loss for words... I missed all the moment by moment excitement, but once I got the call, a rush of joy ran through my veins. It brought back full circle the highest point of my life... experiencing the birth of your father, my son Justin. Justin, I do know exactly how you feel and I am so happy for you I could cry...I am. The three of you are the most beautiful sight a dad, grandpa... YES, GRANDPA!!! could ever imagine. My son, your father is proud of you beyond words of this world. Guard, cherish, love and protect them with all your being, as I know you will. Son, I LOVE YOU!
DAD / GRANDPA

Dee Kibbey said...

So amazing! Such a beautiful little girl and so peaceful. It is no accident that this special child arrived at this time in my life. I thank you Justin and Kerstin for such a wonderful opportunity. I am elated at being part of this wonderful and creative little family.
Lots of love to you all.
Granmaa Dee